Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Project 10 Pan

Since my make-up collection can manage to get out of hand at times (just ask my mom), I have decided to do what is commonly called a "Project Pan".  A "Project Pan" is where you pick a number, in this case 10, and vow to not purchase any new make-up/hair care/fragrance items until you hit the bottom of the pan/bottle on that many of your current items.  The photo below is my Bobbi Brown palette.  As you can see, I have hit pan on 2 blush and 2 eyeshadow.  But for my challenge, I am trying to completely use them, not just hit the bottom of the pan.




Since I have a lot of everything, I am doing a Project 10 Pan, and that will include all items.  I've been focusing on using some of the perfumes that maybe aren't my absolute favorite, although I do still like them.  Estee Lauder's Beyond Paradise is a prime example.  I very much enjoy this scent, although of all my perfumes, it isn't my favorite.  That award goes to Dior's Dune.  So I am vowing to use up some of my "other" scents before I can buy anything new.  I've been eyeing Beyonce's Heat.....but won't let myself splurge on it yet.

I have several different shampoos and conditioners, since I like to rotate.  I need to use up some of the bottles that I currently have before I will allow myself to try the Moroccan Oil shampoo and conditioner.  I DO need to throw away 2 bottles of conditioner that I will never finish though.  I have Bed Heads Control Freak Conditioner and their Self Absorbed Conditioner.  They both have an awful scent.  The Control Freak smells like rotten fruit.  Really.  It makes me gag.  The Self Absorbed smells weird, but not as bad as the Control Freak.  I just know I will never use them up, so it's time to throw them out.  It surprises me since the Bed Head styling products that I have tried have good scents.



In the cosmetics area, the only items that I am not including in the Project 10 Pan are items that I only have 1 of....like my Double Extend waterproof mascara.  When my current one is empty, I will get a new one.   And my mattifying primers.  I have one by Murad that is awesome, so when that runs out, I will replace it.  I try to only use it when I have some where important to be or when I know I will be gone for a long period of time.  For light use during the day, I am using up my other primers that don't control the oil nearly as well.



I am being good and saving my Sephora gift cards from Christmas too.  I want to wait until I have finished this challenge to myself, and then get a fun reward!

No comments:

Post a Comment