Thursday, February 24, 2011

Favorite Facial Peels!

I know I said I was going to finish my Project 10 Pan before I bought any new beauty products.  I'm still working on the Project Pan, but I did cave and use my Sephora gift cards from Christmas.

I had been noticing that my skin just wasn't looking all that great.  No major breakouts, but just looking dull.  I also have an area of hyper-pigmentation from an acne cyst when I was in college.  This area of skin is darker than the rest of my face, and sometimes give the appearance of being a bruise, which it is not.  The acne cyst had been buried very deep under the skin and would not go away.  It felt like a large garden pea had been stuck in my cheek.  Finally, after months of hoping it would go away on it's own, I was forced to visit a dermatologist who had to anesthetize the area and insert a large gauge needle in to allow it to drain.  Ever since, that area has been darker.

I knew I wanted some sort of peel system, but didn't know which one.  There are lots available!  I decided to try the Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads.  At $45 for 60 pads, they weren't the cheapest, nor the most expensive products in the category.


How often you use them is dependent upon your skin texture and sensitivity level.  Since I have oily skin that is not overly sensitive, I use the pads daily.  I am very excited with the results I have gotten after just 2 weeks of use.  Small blemishes disappeared overnight.  My skin has a new glow that was missing before. And my pores appear smaller.   These pads are formulated with alpha, beta, and gamma hydroxy acids which act as exfoliators, and amino acids.

I also picked up the Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Peel.  I use this peel twice a week, in addition to the Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads.  This peel utilizes pumpkin enzymes to stimulate cellular turn-over, improve the skins appearance, and provide natural hydration.  I have to say, after using this peel just twice, I am impressed.  My face is so radiant and soft.


The Pumpkin Enzyme Peel is $44 for 3.3 oz.  I would definitely purchase this item again!  A little bit goes a long way.  Some people may notice a slight burning/tingling sensation as the enzymes go to work.  For me, this sensation fades very quickly and is not at all uncomfortable.  This peel also has a slightly spicy pumpkin smell to it.  Not strong at all, and sure beats the medicinal smell of some products.

If you have any questions about whether these products would be suitable for your skin type, visit your local Sephora and request a sample!

Thanks for visiting!!




No comments:

Post a Comment