Friday, January 28, 2011

Z Palette

As my collection of MAC Pro Pan eye shadows has increased, I decided it was finally time to try out the much touted Z-Palette.  I ordered mine from Beauty.com, which offered free shipping on orders over $40.  I got 2 Z-Palettes, one large Leopard print and one large black.



The palettes arrived yesterday.  I couldn't wait to get them opened and transfer my shadows into one.  I decided to put my shadows in the Leopard one first.  Since the bottom of the Z-Palette is magnetized, the MAC Pro Pans can just be dropped in and are held securely.  The 15 shadows that were in my MAC palette easily fit into the Z-Palette, along with the 6 shadows that were still in packaging since I didn't have a safe place to put them.  The neat thing about the Z-Palettes being magnetized is that you can fit in a variety of cosmetic pans.  You can vary sizes as there are not pre-cut pan holes.  You can also frequently change the selection of cosmetics that you carry in each palette.  Lots of mixing and matching can be done.



You can also de-pot shadows or blushes that are in plastic compacts, apply a small magnet to the back of the metal pan that holds the makeup, and add them to the Z-Palette!  This is a great way to streamline your cosmetics storage.  De-potting and getting rid of all the large compacts can definitely reduce the amount of space that is needed to store a large collection.

There are a variety of size and color combinations.  The palettes come in large, 8" x 4.75", and small, which is about 4" x 4".  Both sizes come in black, pink, leopard, or zebra patterns.

I was very please with the Beauty.com order.  It arrived quickly and very well packaged.  As I mentioned, when I ordered, they were offering free shipping on orders over $40.  To qualify for the free shipping you just need an order over the $40 mark, but that can be comprised of products from both Beauty.com and Drugstore.com.  Z-Palettes can be ordered from a number of websites, along with select retail locations, including their own website, http://www.zpalette.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment