Sunday, February 27, 2011

This Weeks Lip Gloss Favorites.

As I have been digging through the bins to find all the cosmetics that get stashed away when I find a new favorite, I have been rediscovering some old favorites!  This week I have been using two in particular.

The first is one that I received as part of a purchase from a blog sale.  I got an entire set of Avon's Glazewear Lip Gloss.  The one that I am using a lot this week is the color Crimson.  I love this lip gloss as it is not very sticky, yet manages to stay for a long time.  Crimson is misleading in it's name in that it is not a red.  It's more of a deep plum.  But a gorgeous plum it is!  And at just $6.00 per .15 oz tube, they are very affordable.  I looked at Avon's website this evening and the Glazewear Glosses were on sale for $2.99 per tube!




The other gloss that I am using a lot this week is the Jemma Kidd Air Kiss Shine Lip Gloss in Strip.  This item is available at Target stores in the US.  Strip is a pale peach gloss with a light gold shimmer in it.  This gloss goes on very light and not very sticky.  I can apply it any time of the day, even right after eating, and it still looks natural.  It just adds a pretty shimmer and sheen to my lips without a lot of color or goop.  The Target website says these lip glosses are $16.00.  I can't read the size on the tube, but they seem to be about the same size as an average lip gloss.  Even the Jemma Kidd website doesn't mention the size.  Hmmmm.



I think I probably got my gloss on sale, as I don't think I would have tried something new at full price when it's that high.  Would I spend $16.00 on a Jemma Kidd lip gloss now?  I might.  I really like the texture and consistency.  I know that MAC's Lipglass are $14.50 for .17oz.  And I prefer the Jemma Kidd much more than the stickier MAC Lipglass.

I am not a cosmetics snob.  I do enjoy splurging on some high end goodies, but I also love to find a good bargain.  Expensive doesn't always mean better!  In these two lip glosses, I think I have found reasonable alternatives to the department store offerings.  Avon's prices are always good, and Target frequently has sales....so you can find good items at good prices!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment