Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sephora Delivery!

Ok, so I got home from work the other day and found a big ol' box sitting on my front porch.  I just knew it was all my goodies from Sephora.  I grabbed the box and tore into it like a little kid on Christmas morning!

*Gasp*

The colors!  Oh, the colors!  There are different colors of everything....eyeshadow, eyeliner, blush, lipstick, and lip gloss.

The first thing I opened was the Sephora Collection Endless Color Blockbuster.  If you like to play with lots of colors or experiment with different eye looks, this is a great kit.  For only $48, it contains 98 original eyeshadow shades, 70 lip glosses, 6 cream eyeliners, 2 lip liners, 3 eyeliner pencils, mascara, 2 blush and a bronzer, and small applicators.




As you can see from the photos, there are colors for every skin tone and individual taste!  And another great thing about the kit, is that it folds up to a nice compact box that would easily fit into a suitcase for travel.  No more having to select from a limited palette while on vacation.

The next thing I opened was the Sephora Collection Color Diary.  This is another fabulous kit with lots of color variety.  And with a price of $34, it provides a lot of bang for the buck.  It comes with 5 color palettes and an empty compact.  If you want to take one of the palettes with you, you simply pop the palette out of the kit, snap it into the compact, and you are ready to go.


Today I used the Meditation Retreat palette from this kit.  The color pay-off is fantastic!  It takes a small amount of product to get a great color result.  Many cheaper brands of make-up have a lower pigment content so you have to layer and layer and layer to get a decent color show.  No so with the Sephora line!  A little goes a long way.

Meditation Retreat is the palette with green and brown eyeshadows, peach blush, and a bronze lip gloss.


I used eyeshadow #1 on my brow bone as a highlighter.  #3 went across my lid and slightly into the crease.  #2 went in to the crease and was blended upward and out.




I then used Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Espresso Ink to thinly line the upper lash line and the outer 1/3 of the lower lash line.  Then eyelashes were curled and Make-Up Forever Smokey Lash Mascara was applied.  The combination of colors definitely brings out the green and brown in the iris of my eyes.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment