Friday, October 8, 2010

Make-up and Malamutes

I am sure everyone is wondering WHAT make-up and Malamutes can possibly have in common.  It is really very simple.  Both make me happy!

I have battled major depression ever since my son was born in 1996.  Medication and counselling definitely help, but my animals are a huge source of comfort and laughter for me.  How can you NOT laugh at something like this?!?!


Kuma is a total mouth, and always, always, has something to say about everything! You don't even have to ask his opinion, you just get it.  It's hard to be sad with Kuma around.  He can talk you out of a bad mood!  He doesn't bark, but rather "talks" in a series of "woo's" "woo-woo's" and howls.

Bella is my princess.  She came to us as a 1-year-old rescue that had been picked up as a stray running loose.  It took time for her to relax and really blend in to our family, but now she thinks she is queen of this castle.  We tried, really tried, to keep her off the furniture.  To no avail.  She is a true princess and will not sleep on the floor.  She much prefers the comfort of a couch, with a pillow or blanket to rest her head on.


She does manage to share the couch with the kitties  Not all Malamutes get along with cats, but both of mine live harmoniously with the 4 in our home. Bella does, however, like to play games with Sulley, the cat on the right end of the couch.  She will pounce at him just to hear him hiss.  Other days, Sulley waits around corners, just to attack Bella as she walks by.  Kind of like human siblings!  Most of the time they just hang out together on one of the couches.

Now the make-up portion.  I love playing with cosmetics!!  On days when I am feeling down, putting on make-up can help pick me up and give me the confidence to leave the house.  I love the different textures and colors.  I love how you can use make-up to transform in to a whole different person or character.

My mom has always laughed at my bathroom.  "Who needs that much make-up???" She has asked me that question more times than I can count!  It can be hard to explain just why I need 10 different shades of brown eyeshadow.

I saw a video and blog entry that asks for people to create a make-up look based on "Myths and Legends".  I'm contemplating what my creation will be, but I do want to enter.  There will be different levels of awards, for those who are pros and then for people who, like me, are still doing it for fun.  The winners will get a really nice set of Hakuhodo brushes, which I wouldn't be able to afford on my own.  Some of the individual brushes sell for over $100 each.  Yikes!

I have some really cool new things on order from Sephora, and will share those things with you when they arrive.  I recently ordered a few things from MAC, and will review those items once I've had a chance to use them a bit.





Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment