Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Revlon Lip Butters

The latest craze on YouTube is the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters. After seeing a few videos, and reading some blogs, I decided I wanted to try them.  I hunted high and low, and had a really hard time finding them.  Finally I found a few colors at one of the local Target stores.  Target's display didn't offer all 20 shades, and most of the shades they did offer were gone.  Alas, I chose the color "Sugar Plum".  Some of the other colors seem like they would be too pale for me, since these do offer a bit of color.  Very pale colors often make me look like I have dead lips.  If that makes any sense.

"Sugar Plum" offers just the right amount of color for the times when a full on lipstick or lip gloss is too much.  I know I can apply it when I am at the hockey rink and not look like I had makeup on.  When I do have makeup on, it adds a subtle touch of color and shine.  I like that it fills the middle area between high color glosses and lipsticks and the plain, clear balms and glosses.  The shades are available provide sheer to medium coverage, depending on the color chosen.

Revlon's website says it is a "buttery balm + shiny color".  It IS a balm with a shiny color.  Does it feel like butter....in my opinion, no.   It isn't sticky like many glosses, but it also sits on my lip a bit differently than the clear balms that I normally keep in my  bags, CO Bigelow's My Favorite Lip Balm.  The website also claims that hydrating mango, coconut, and shea butter can boost lip moisture by up to 156%.  Did I notice THAT much of a difference?  No.  Is it hydrating?  Yes.

The Colorstay Lip Butters come in a package similar to the Colorstay Lipsticks.  The difference is that the lipstick cases are a relatively elegant solid black.  The Lip Bitters case is a translucent color that reflects the shade of the product.  This allows you to see the color through the top of the tube as well, but the overall effect is "drug store bland" to me.



Would I repurchase this item in the future?  Maybe.  I'd really like to see more of the colors.  Would I be hunting all over the area to find these again?  No.  At about $7.50 each, they are a decent buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment