Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sephora's MoonShadow Baked Palette

    When I placed my last Sephora order, I just had to try out their MoonShadow Baked palette in In The Nude.  I have not regretted this purchase!  The colors are gorgeous.  There are 10 beautiful shades of eye shadow that come in a pretty gold compact.  They are: Cream, Light Bronze, Soft Gold, Peach, Taupe, Silver, Deep Brown, Honey Brown, Deep Sienna, and Plum



     

     I have had so much fun mixing and matching these colors.  Today I used the Plum on my lid, the Sienna Brown through the crease, and the Cream as a highlight on the brow bone.  I ran a line of  Urban Decay's 24/7 Eye Liner in Asphyxia, a bright violet purple, along the lower lash line and then ran a light bit of the Deep Brown shadow over it with a pencil brush.  The Deep Brown toned down the brightness of the purple, allowed the purple to still be seen, and tied the liner in with the shadows that were above the eye.
    I also have the Urban Decay Naked palette.  While there are some differences in the palette colors, UD's has a black shade and a charcoal grey shade, there are enough similarities that I would advise anyone who is looking to save some money, to buy the Sephora MoonShadow In The Nude palette.  The Sephora palette is $28, compared to the Urban Decay Naked, which is $48.  Don't get me wrong....I adore my Naked palette! The Sephora palette is a great alternative if you don't want to spend the extra money, or have problems finding the Naked palette (it used to be out of stock all the time).   And at $28, this is a fantastic gift for anyone who loves make-up.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment